Community Forum

Modem constantly loses connection to XFinity service

Highlighted
New Poster

Modem constantly loses connection to XFinity service

Hello.

I have been having connection issues for months.  I've always had intermittent issues with my Xfinity service but over the past several months the connectivity issues have been unbearable!  Our connection drops out multiple times a day, every day. I've had equipment and cables replaced and a technician at the house and still no resolution.  I call tech support and can never get through the automated system.  It's the same thing every time!  Reboot and reset. The automated system forces me to go through this process and "thinks" the issues are resolved so I NEVER get to talk to an agent.  I go through this process multiple times a day almost every day! Due to COVID we are forced to work at home. I have to use my phone's hotspot to work. My husband does not have that option.  He must be hardwired into the modem because he is in tech support.  He is on the verge of losing his job because when our internet access drops, it also drops his calls with customers and kicks him out of his VPN.  As much as I hate AT&T internet service, I am tempted to switch back to them.  I've tried the Xfinity  chat and those guys are a joke.  They do the exact same thing as the automated system, reboot and rest and think it's corrected the issue.  So now I am here, hoping desperately that someone from Xfinity will read this and help me.  I am so aggravated, frustrated and down right angry!!!