Community Forum

Modem / Router Restart

New Poster

Modem / Router Restart

From a technical perspective, wireless routers can often hang onto inactive sessions which eventually lead to the access point being inoperable. To get around that issue, many individuals perform a schedule reset of their router nightly during times when the device is rarely used. After switching to my Xfinity router, I’ve found that I must periodically disconnect the power and reconnect to regain connectivity. Why isn’t the feature to restart the router on a schedule available to users? I’ve read a previous post which indicated the device is supposed to be available 24/7 yet that clearly isn’t the case when you can’t connect to it and have to unplug the device. Please consider making a change to your firmware to make this an available option. As someone that has worked in the IT field for over 25 years, I can say with much confidence that offering a product with a reduced feature set is not a good way of retaining customers. Your routers should be more advanced than what’s commercially available, not the other way around. Especially when customers are paying for them monthly.
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Modem / Router Restart

@MiamiMike13 wrote: ... wireless routers can often hang onto inactive sessions which eventually lead to the access point being inoperable. ...

I would imagine that signal problems are much more common. Have you checked out Connection Troubleshooting Tips?