Community Forum

Modem Reset Unavailable

New Poster

Modem Reset Unavailable

Internet isn't working and when I try to reset my modem online, it looks like it starts and I get the message, "Modem Restart Currently Unavailable". This has happened for hours. What can I do to resolve this issue? I've tried unplugging the modem and restarting it that way, but to no avail. 

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Modem Reset Unavailable

FWIW, the online re-start and the manual powercycling of the modem do the same thing, so doing either is effective at this operation.

First. Are the "US' the "DS". and the "Online" indicator lights on the modem lit steadily ?

New Poster

Ooh, good to know. Had no idea those were the same function. Looks like just the DS light is blinking. The others aren't lit at all. 

Diamond Problem Solver

That means that the signals from the system are completely cut off or are too weak for the modem to be able to go online. Have you checked for known outages ?;

Check if there is a service interruption

You can check for service interruptions by:

• Using the XFINITY My Account mobile app.
  • Logging into your Comcast account and clicking the check for service interruptions link.
  • Visiting the Xfinity Status Center.
  • Calling 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278) or 1-800-XFINITY (1-800-934-6489)
  • If you've registered your mobile phone number for Comcast Alerts, you can text OUT to 266278 (COMCST)
New Poster

Thanks. It says there's no outage at my address, but there are outages all over the map around me, so I assume something system-wide is going on. Thanks for your replies.

Diamond Problem Solver

Can't hurt to report this at the 1-800 number. Good luck !