Community Forum

Modem Online light is not staying on

New Poster

Modem Online light is not staying on

I just got Xfinity last week and when I brought home the modem I had the hardest time getting my modem to work.  Finally, after hours on the phone with a service person, we got it to work.  
Since then, I have had to restart my modem several times and the online light will not stay on or will shut off randomly.  This is my first personal experience with Xfinity and I am not impressed.  I pay for this service, yet I do not get service.  I need this fixed.

Expert

Re: Modem Online light is not staying on

When there is a connection, what do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I am not getting anything from those hyperlinks.  and I am not sure of the make and model

New Poster

When the connection is there the two mbps lights blink on and off and so do the tel 1 & 2 lights

New Poster

The Make is Arris Model is TG1682G

Official Employee

Hey there, doby2019. Thank you for reaching out here on the forums. Let's get your internet back up and running. Please send me a PM with your first and last name to get started. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!