Community Forum

Modem Admin Tool Login

Frequent Visitor

Modem Admin Tool Login

Yes, this question again.  I understand WHY the installation tech would change this, but....why wouldn't het TELL me he did, and what the new password was?  Bad form, Comcast.  Is there no way to find out what it is, change it, etc, without a factory reset?

Expert

Re: Modem Admin Tool Login

Not that I know of.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

OK, so I assume I'll have to set my SSID/password again, which is not a problem.  But what happens to my phone?

I wouldn't be so quick to try to get into if it didn't say my firewall setting is "low".  I work in IT Security, and "low" is not a good thing when it comes to firewalls.

Expert

@jkj1962 wrote:

I wouldn't be so quick to try to get into if it didn't say my firewall setting is "low".  I work in IT Security, and "low" is not a good thing when it comes to firewalls.

FWIW, and AFAIK, those gateway device's firewalls are *overkill* and a "low" setting is actually more like "medium" / normal setting like the retail device firewall's are.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!