Community Forum

Modem Activation keeps popping up

New Poster

Modem Activation keeps popping up

Everyday I open my browser and try to click on certain URLs it tries to redirect me to register.xfinity.com. I’ve tried clearing my cache, cookies, history and certificates. I’ve had two technicians roll and re provision it. Let’s just say neither of them could understand that it wasn’t working. Looking for more answers, tyia!
Expert

Re: Modem Activation keeps popping up

Try calling 1-800-comcast and ask a rep to completely remove the modem from your account and to "re-provision" it from scratch. Also ask them to confirm that the provisioning and account data in their database is correct and complete.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi there, annoyedxfinuser. 

I don't see that you posted a response back to our expert. 

I wanted to touch base and offer you assistance over the forums if you are up for it! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Yeah that would be great since it continues to happen
Highlighted
Expert

Have you called ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

annoyedxfinuser, 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I will do my best to help you out. Thank you for your patience. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

I wanted to reach out one more time before closing out your post, annoyedxfinuser. 

Did you have any other questions?