Community Forum

Moca on XB6 with existing Actiontec EC6200 Moca 2.0 Bonded Network

Contributor

Moca on XB6 with existing Actiontec EC6200 Moca 2.0 Bonded Network

I recently upgraded my Xfinity Modem/Router to the XB6. I had an XB3. I was running a Moca network with two Actiontec EC6200 without issues using my Tivo Bolt + connect to the XB3 via ethernet making the Tivo Bolt+ as the Moca Ethernet Gateway. The new XB6 has the Moca enable and is now the MOca ehternet and the ethernet cable is now longer connect to the Bolt+. The XB6 is now the Moca ethernet gateway. When I first setup the new XB6 the Moca diag showed the two EC6200 connect at over 1000 and all others connect at about 650. I had issue with the XB6 and tech support had me reset it and now all the connections are about 650.  It shows now direct connection between the two EC6200s at all. I thought the XB6 was a bonded Moca connection. I have tried many times to turn off the Moca on the XB6 and it will not shut off. Please help me either get the XB6 to do bonded Moca 2.0 or disable the Moca on it so I can get the bonded Moca 2.0 working between the two EC6200s working again.

Expert

Re: Moca on XB6 with existing Actiontec EC6200 Moca 2.0 Bonded Network

FYI, the XB3 has MoCA support as well at regular 2.0 rates just so that you know. Is it letting you disable MoCA from the XB6 in the GUI?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

If I try to disable it say somthing about contacting the backend, but when it comes back it is still Enabled

Expert

Have you tried rebooting it or you might have to give it a factory reset by either the GUI button of pressing the reset button on the back for 30-60 seconds?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Been there done that. I have called Tech unsupport and they have now clue about the XB6. I have asked to talk to level 2 support and have been told not needed or the call gets dropped in the transfer twice.

Expert

So even a full factory reset didn’t help? Any dropped connections over MoCA network or is the main problem the slower connection rates?

Contributor

Moca.JPGIf the XB6 is using bonded Moca 2.0 then the connection should be over 1000 like Node 4 and 5 the EC6200s. Node 0 is the XB6 the rest are Tivo deivces

Contributor

Sorry Nde 1 and 5 are actiontec EC6200

Contributor

If I could diable the Moca on the XB6. I could make the Tivo bolt+ run Moca and Ethernet from the XB6. This would still get IPs from the XB6 and I think this would fix all my issues.

Expert

Do you have Extreme Pro or the Gig Tier? I understand the concern about the Bonded MoCA 2.0, but if you don’t have any of those two tiers, you won’t see a difference speed wise. Have you ran any speed tests off the ECB6200 to see what it gets?

Other than that, I would say just get the gateway swapped out for a new XB6. Do you have the Technicolor XB6?

I currently have problems with MoCA as well on the XB6 but with the WCB6200.

Have you noticed any connection drop outs at all for any MoCA connected device?

Contributor

I have the Arris XB6 but have not had any issue except the that the EC6200s seem to connect and disconnect alot. As you see from the pticure the two only have one 1000+ connection now but most of the time there is no connection betweem them at all. Sometimes the connection on the ethernet port is 1Gb but otherrs they are only connecting at 100Mb. I worry about swapping it that I would get a Tecnocolor and there are more issues with those from the forums

Expert

I meant actual speedtests from speedtest.net or speedtest.xfinity.com or the dsl reports speedtest from the adapter. I’ve had the connection drop issue you described as well on my XB6 so chances are it’s bigger than a device issue, possibly XB6 firmware, so I’m going to report this issue to a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

I spent several hours on the phone with Xfinity on Thursday night. I was told it would be diabled in 24-48 hours.  Well here we are 48 hours later and still enabled. So much for support.. Mot of the people I spoke to have clue about Moca or what it is. So NO it is not fixed. It appears to be a problem with the XB6 or something on Xfinity's backend that does not let me diable it on the deivce. Xfinity please get off you backend and address the issue.

Expert

Sorry about that, forgot to put in the escalation right. Doing it right now.

Contributor

Still no solution from Xfinify or any response from them. Have you heard back from them. I order a POE Moca today and I am going to try connecting it to the XB6 to block the Moca from it. I will let you know.