Community Forum

Moca Support

Contributor

Moca Support

I bought two Actiontec ECB6000 Moca adapters, hooked them up and the coax lights will not light up.  I tested the adapters for functionality per their support page and the adapters passed. The article mentions that the issue is with cabling or the modem/router.  I do not have a POE filter installed but just ordered one to eliminate that variable. The cable modem is an Arris 722 and my router is a Linksys WRT310N v1.

My question is just how much support can I expect from Comcast/Xfinity when it comes to troubleshooting the cable?

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Moca Support

Comast will not help you with this.

Explain your splitter arrangement, you will need to home run from a master TV splitter to the runs for the outlets the MOCA adapters are at.  The splitter must be rated 5-1000 mhz, these splitters will still pass the MOCA frequencies.

You don't have a X1 TV system or the older Comcast AnyRoom DVR, do you?

Highlighted
Contributor

I have one splitter to the room where the cable modem and router are located and placed the splitter I received with the Actiontec adapters in the living room where I want the second moca adapter.  If my memory serves me correct I believe there is a splitter in the grey cable box which is locked with a zip tie. I think it was a 4-way split for each run into the house. Do I need to put the POE there or where the cable modem is located?

No X1 TV system or the older Comcast AnyRoom DVR

Diamond Problem Solver

The POE filter goes in front of the 1st splitter coming into the home, probably in your box on the outside.

I haven't used the new ActionTec adapters, but I believe it should be working with your setup with just a 4-way.

Contributor

Am I "allowed" to go into that box?

@JayInAlg wrote:

The POE filter goes in front of the 1st splitter coming into the home, probably in your box on the outside.

I haven't used the new ActionTec adapters, but I believe it should be working with your setup with just a 4-way.

Frequent Visitor

Is this a Moca network for Tivo?   If it is, then I would suggest you post your questions to the Tivo Community forum, either the Tivo Mini forum or Tivo Help forum.   Heck, even if it's not a Moca for Tivo, I would still go over there and ask as the support on Tivo Community is outstanding.   

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/index.php

Diamond Problem Solver

@CorvettemanAZ wrote:

Am I "allowed" to go into that box?

@JayInAlg wrote:

Well, there's no padlock on it.

New Poster

Ethernet over Coax

First time on this board.

calling

1 Modem only - signal booster if needed

what you're trying to do is called MOCA -

equipment is not expensive - run your ethernet signal from your modem back into the coax

convert from the coax back to ethernet in every room - I plan to try it when I get my new Comcast boxes

there are some other comments posted about it

Expert

Re: Ethernet over Coax

Two year old dead thread now being closed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!