Community Forum

MoCA adapter and Comscope AC adapter

Frequent Visitor

MoCA adapter and Comscope AC adapter

I'm wanting to install a MoCA adapter to my Comcast network. It will be mounted where the cable enters the home. The only thing currently attached is a Comscope AC adapter. Can I attach the AC adapter to MoCA adapter or do I need a splitter. The XB6-T Modem is in the basement. 

Expert

Re: MoCA adapter and Comscope AC adapter

Does the comscope have any more open ports on it? If so you can wire into some of those other ports. Otherwise use a splitter.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

@JaymeH wrote:

I'm wanting to install a MoCA adapter to my Comcast network. It will be mounted where the cable enters the home. The only thing currently attached is a Comscope AC adapter. Can I attach the AC adapter to MoCA adapter or do I need a splitter. The XB6-T Modem is in the basement. 

Make sure that the CommScope powered splitter is MoCA compatible.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I may not have been clear enough in my initial post. I have a Comscope AC adapter, not an AC splitter. I'm wondering if I need a splitter to attach the MOCA adapter to the same wall plate or can I attach the AC adapter to the MOCA?. See picture. Comcast image 1_compress_43.jpg

Expert

O/k what is the exact model number of the Commscope *device* ?

Can't see your pic. Since you are a new poster, it likely needs to be approved by a Forum Admin.

You could try hosting it at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites and post the link to it here.

Frequent Visitor

I guess my picture didn't load. CDS007-W150U

Frequent Visitor

For some reason I can't past a link. I found it on the Commscope website. Commscope.com. P.N. CSAPAE615V500.

Expert

What device is connected to that AC Adapter?

Frequent Visitor

Nothing in the house. It's connected to the wall plate. I think it may be powering the main splitter in the cable box outside. I do know that if it's disconnected the whole network goes down. 

Frequent Visitor

I think I figured it out. I'm going to need a Commscope power inserter.  I don't remember one being at this wall plate when there was a cable box here as well. 

Expert

I don’t have a power inserted myself with a similar setup as you can not just connect a MoCA adapter to something like that. All that is mainly designed to do is to send electricity which would be going where all the coax splits to go to the rooms in your home, which isn’t likely a splitter, it’s probably either an amplifier or a similar type of device.

Expert

That device is a power inserter / power supply to be used with an amplifier / powered splitter such as this one below;

https://www.amazon.com/Commscope-CSMAPDU9VPI-HomeConnect-Amplifier-Connectivity-x/dp/B0779YQD38 

This one is MoCA compatible BTW.

Frequent Visitor

I found that same one. Thanks to it I found that I need a power pass splitter for the AC adapter to power the unit in the cable box outside. I ordered a BAMF splitter that reads all ports power pass. I think I'm good to go once the splitter gets here. Thanks for all your help. 

Expert

What's the model number ?