Community Forum

Mistakenly blocked a comp, how to unblock

Regular Visitor

Mistakenly blocked a comp, how to unblock

Ok so I was looking at my connected devices and accidently blocked a computer.  Now where the heck to i go to unblock it?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Mistakenly blocked a comp, how to unblock

Need a little more info. What did you do to block the computer? Do you have a router?

Silver Problem Solver

If there's a list of blocked machines, there's probably an X or trashcan icon next to each one, that you can click on to remove the machine.

New Poster

I accidentally blocked a network device from accessing the Internet.  I found it in the blocked devices area under parental controls.  I'm not sure what will happen if I click on the "X" to delete the device.  Am I deleting it from the blocked devices list or from my wireless network altogether?

New Poster

When you click on the X under parental controls you are only removing the device from blocked devices list. I had the same problem and this allowed my laptop back into the network.

New Poster

Sorry for the delayed response; I'm a new Comcast customer and I just began looking at my email on Comcast.  Thanks very much for your response! 

New Poster

i think it's done at the same place you blocked it (parental controls, manage devices)— click the "X" by the device you blocked, you'll get a box asking if you really want to remove it from the blocked devices list, you click OK or whatever and, presto! it's unblocked!

Diamond Problem Solver

Year old thread closed.