Community Forum

Mistakenly blocked a comp, how to unblock

Regular Visitor

Mistakenly blocked a comp, how to unblock

Ok so I was looking at my connected devices and accidently blocked a computer.  Now where the heck to i go to unblock it?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Mistakenly blocked a comp, how to unblock

Need a little more info. What did you do to block the computer? Do you have a router?

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

If there's a list of blocked machines, there's probably an X or trashcan icon next to each one, that you can click on to remove the machine.

New Poster

I accidentally blocked a network device from accessing the Internet.  I found it in the blocked devices area under parental controls.  I'm not sure what will happen if I click on the "X" to delete the device.  Am I deleting it from the blocked devices list or from my wireless network altogether?

New Poster

When you click on the X under parental controls you are only removing the device from blocked devices list. I had the same problem and this allowed my laptop back into the network.

New Poster

Sorry for the delayed response; I'm a new Comcast customer and I just began looking at my email on Comcast.  Thanks very much for your response! 

New Poster

i think it's done at the same place you blocked it (parental controls, manage devices)— click the "X" by the device you blocked, you'll get a box asking if you really want to remove it from the blocked devices list, you click OK or whatever and, presto! it's unblocked!

Expert

Year old thread closed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!