Community Forum

Maybe Nothing. Random Reboots

Contributor

Maybe Nothing. Random Reboots

I know there is a lot of feelings about the Gateways. I have not had an issue myself, untill possibly now.But Possibly not.

I had an Arris TG1682G for more than a year. Worked very well with no issues. Recently had a Tech round for a TV issue.After fixing the problem, she could not get the gateway to connect to the Internet. So the Tech swapped it out . Now I have a Scientific America DPC 3941T.  This has worked fine untill a week ago. Now I have had at least 4 random Reboots. I say at least because these are when I am at Home. I do not know if it happens while at work.(Is there a log to tell me?)

This morning I got up to find none of my 4 Amazon devices or the 4 TP Link wifi power plugs, were connected. I could not get any to reconnect. All my Phones and Ipads were connecting fine. After a lot of Sherlock Holmes, I discovered I could not connect to the Internet using the 2.4ghz wavelength. Only on the 5ghz.

went through the router and ended on the Xfi app( I know). I discovered that the 2.4 was stated as using 802.11 G,N.  I changed it to 802.11 B,G,N at 40mhz. Viola!

All were able to re connect now on the 2.4. 

Thoughts ,suggestions welcolme. Everything from get rid of the Gateway to try this.

Memorial Day. Remember