Community Forum

Massive lag spikes during gaming

Regular Visitor

Massive lag spikes during gaming

The last 2 weeks have been horrible with gaming. I'm getting consistent lag spikes and keep getting kicked from games. I ahve the 400mb package. using the gate way CGM4140COM. lan straight to my ps4. but issues apparent on pc looking at the  pings.

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 1.17.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-17 at 1.09.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-17 at 1.14.18 PM.png

Expert

Re: Massive lag spikes during gaming

Can't see your pics. Since you are a new poster, they likely need to be approved by a Forum Admin. Or you may need to make a minimum number of posts.

You could try hosting them at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites and post the link to them here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

@cptcurt Check your modem status page (usually http://192.168.100.1) and see if you can correlate the spikes/disconnects with any timeouts in the logs and make sure your power level/SNR is within acceptable ranges. I would see if any specific bonded channels are showing excessive amount of uncorrected codewords too. That generally means a lot of packets/frames are coming in damaged as a result of ingress/noise. It probably gets exasperated with the high inbound traffic from your gaming like mine. Hopefully yours will stay consistent enough to be seen by the technician when they visit. Take my advice though, don't let them leave if you had the issue just prior to them coming and they claim your local line is clean with no timeouts. It could be a splitter or upstream line you aren't even aware that your connection runs through causing the issue. My disconnect issues come and go on a daily basis and because I live in an apartment complex, there is no telling which splitter is causing my grief. I'm on my 4th tech visit tomorrow so hopefully they won't try to weasle out of checking the splitters on the poles from our apartment buildings just because it isn't happening when they test it like they have been.

Expert

Still can't see your pics.....

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, cptcurt! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. 

I would like to take a closer look to see what can be done to get you back to a reliable internet connection. Please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

What you posted so far is in spec, but you only posted 5 of the downstream channels. Balance ? And the *router* component event logs are not helpful. We need to see the *modem* component's RF error log entries.

Official Employee

cptcurt, as I have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. I hope you were able to get your connection stabilized, but if you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.