Community Forum

Low speeds wired/wireless

Regular Visitor

Low speeds wired/wireless

Hello All,

I've got 150 Mbps service, but I'm not getting anywhere near that. I've already run a new coax line, and there is only one two-way splitter in the system. Additionally, the problem persists without the splitter. I've had a technician come out, but he said that all of the levels are within specification and recommended getting a new modem...

Based on what I've been reading, my modem power levels are bordering on being out of tolerance. I'll attach a screenshot below.

Screenshot_20190314-082704_Chrome.jpg

Here is a backup link to the image: https://i.imgur.com/bdjDf4J.jpg

Does anything there look out of the ordinary? What should I try next? Is it worth trying a new modem?

Expert

Re: Low speeds wired/wireless

Are you testing the speeds here ?;

http://speedtest.xfinity.com/

What do you get for the upload speed ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I have tested through the Xfinity speed test as well as through a speed test app on my phone; the speeds are usually comparable (+/- 10 Mbps). Upload speeds have consistently been around 6Mbps. Downloads speeds are usually south of 50 Mbps, sometimes as low as 10 Mbps.

Expert

The downstream power is really not all that high. For giggles, as a test, you could try adding a 3 or a 6 dB coax signal attenuator at the back of the modem and see what happens.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!