Community Forum

Low Power, QAM Issues with CM600 and R7300.

Frequent Visitor

Low Power, QAM Issues with CM600 and R7300.

Started having issues rougly two weeks ago. Originally has a SB6121 and it always showed power levels of 6dBmv on all down stream channels and 37dB SNR.  Our area seems to have been upgraded to 150Mbps and my moden started constantly retarting, having power issues and such.

Verrified this usnit was no longer supported and was trying to give 150Mbps but coiuld keep up.

Needless to say i aquired a Netgear CM600 to use along side my Netgear R7300DST.

After talking with with support early this week i removed the Comscope SVG-2 Splitter comcast installed with the new wiring from the pole to inside the house. and replaced it with a PPC EVO1-5U/U as i have X1 service and no phones. I do have something inline on the upper and lower runs outside but do not know what they are. i have assumed they are for the X1 service.

the power levels slightly improved for a day then have dropped as of the weekend and now i am getting tons of issues.

below is what i am currently seeing can someone review and advise? i am in hopes somone more knowlegable than the staff who have been assiting me via phone will see this. 

Chanel Levells.PNGCM600LOG1.PNGCM600LOG2.PNG

Frequent Visitor

Re: Low Power, QAM Issues with CM600 and R7300.

comcast is continually refusing to accept the fact that the X1 Platform is having issues as well as my network. and i see so called xperts escalting similar slow and disconnectiung issues but what about this? i cant even get comcast to fix its own lines on the side of my house when i hook my modem directly to the line and it doesnt work right.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Low Power, QAM Issues with CM600 and R7300.

update comcast has sent a tech out whom informed me the original tech was incorrect and that the evo1 is definitely not needed. i have low SNR and 33DB of bower coming in from the house. they sinstalled an additional 3 way splitter in front of a two way to splitter to tsignals down. i guess i am lucky to have such a powerful signal coming in.

they also replaced tha cabling the tech installed as  the upload chanels kept droping due to ICFR issues on two bonded channels. which in turn also had been killing my x1 services and generating the RDK-03033 errors.