Started having issues rougly two weeks ago. Originally has a SB6121 and it always showed power levels of 6dBmv on all down stream channels and 37dB SNR. Our area seems to have been upgraded to 150Mbps and my moden started constantly retarting, having power issues and such.
Verrified this usnit was no longer supported and was trying to give 150Mbps but coiuld keep up.
Needless to say i aquired a Netgear CM600 to use along side my Netgear R7300DST.
After talking with with support early this week i removed the Comscope SVG-2 Splitter comcast installed with the new wiring from the pole to inside the house. and replaced it with a PPC EVO1-5U/U as i have X1 service and no phones. I do have something inline on the upper and lower runs outside but do not know what they are. i have assumed they are for the X1 service.
the power levels slightly improved for a day then have dropped as of the weekend and now i am getting tons of issues.
below is what i am currently seeing can someone review and advise? i am in hopes somone more knowlegable than the staff who have been assiting me via phone will see this.
comcast is continually refusing to accept the fact that the X1 Platform is having issues as well as my network. and i see so called xperts escalting similar slow and disconnectiung issues but what about this? i cant even get comcast to fix its own lines on the side of my house when i hook my modem directly to the line and it doesnt work right.
update comcast has sent a tech out whom informed me the original tech was incorrect and that the evo1 is definitely not needed. i have low SNR and 33DB of bower coming in from the house. they sinstalled an additional 3 way splitter in front of a two way to splitter to tsignals down. i guess i am lucky to have such a powerful signal coming in.
they also replaced tha cabling the tech installed as the upload chanels kept droping due to ICFR issues on two bonded channels. which in turn also had been killing my x1 services and generating the RDK-03033 errors.
even more issues now. 4 modems in total, 4 tech visits and a lame burial of 2 ft of cable at the side of my house with the rest still an aerial drop. cabling replace inside and Comcast still won't give me answers. what aside from a node issues would cause further issues and loss of upstream with constant IP renewals. i no longer use my own router as a heads up.
Sorry about your continued issues. I see you're still only connected to one upstream channel.
I've asked an employee to check the CMTS for real-time and historical RF signal reports from your modem. They can also check your local node/plant for any degradation or error reports. You can expect a reply in this thread.
FYI: They owe you a $20 credit for every tech visit after the first for the same problem. You can also get a credit for your service from the time you first reported the issue until it is resolved.
Hi, cosmiccheese - My apologies for your experience, let me check what is going on with your RF signal levels. Please private message your fist and last name as well as an account holder's name (if different) exactly as it's listed on the bill. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.