Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Loss Of Internet Every Day

Contributor

Loss Of Internet Every Day

Hello,

I am constantly having issues with my Internet going out, this has been going on for years. I get several disconnects nearly every day, some are brief, some may last for several hours. I've simply been dealing with it, but recently it seems to be getting worse, and the Internet may be out for several hours. It was out ealier today for awhile as well. I've did all the basic troubleshooting steps I can do, and this is what I've been doing all along. I've even switched to a different DNS server, but I still get disconnects. I am connected to the cable modem by Ethernet cable. There is a wireless router in between, but it's rarley used. Even when the router isn't connected, I still have disconnecting issues. So the router has nothing to do with it. Plus, lights will flash on the cable modem indicating there is a loss of Internet connection, which tells me there is an issue somewhere on Comcast's end.

I've provided a little more info below, and if anything else is needed, just let me know. I may lose Internet again, so if I do not respond in a timely manner, you'll know why. And I truly appreciate any help you have to offer. Thank you very much!

• Cable Modem (My own): TP-LINK 7650
  • Connected by Ethernet cable
  • Blast Tier

CM AI.png
SL1.PNG