Community Forum

Losing wifi connection

New Poster

Losing wifi connection

For the last couple months, my wifi has been dropping and reconnecting at least 30x per day. Lasts from a minute to five minutes each time. I called and had a service guy come out and he couldn't find anything wrong since it didn't happen while he was here but replaced the router hoping that would fix the problem. Still having issues.
Expert

Re: Losing wifi connection

@Crystal4679 wrote:
For the last couple months, my wifi has been dropping and reconnecting at least 30x per day. Lasts from a minute to five minutes each time. I called and had a service guy come out and he couldn't find anything wrong since it didn't happen while he was here but replaced the router hoping that would fix the problem. Still having issues.

That's a lot of drops.

What devices are you using to connect over WiFi, and what happens when you connect the computer directly to the gateway with an Ethernet cable?

You can also look at this post for tips on improving your WiFi performance. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Losing wifi connection

My Android and Apple TV are the only devices connected. I haven't tried to connect directly to the router. I'll try that and see what happens and post back the results later today.