Community Forum

Loose my speed as it gets hot

Frequent Visitor

Loose my speed as it gets hot

Hi, I live in Tucson AZ, and have had several Comcast Techs over at my place, taking time off of work, to fix a problem with my internet speed.
In the morning, I get the speeds I am paying for, but in the afternoon, I start to lose my speed until I have no internet at all.
All the connection are at the back of the house on the west, the hottest part of the day, at around 5pm, when the sun is in the west. The tech told me it is my Modem, apparently my modem only works in the morning. I have never heard of a modern slowing your speed down, based on what time of day it is. I took my modem back to best buy, with the info that the tech told me, after the guy stopped laughing, he tested the modem and told me it is working fine.
I asked comcast to install one of their modems, to prove it's my modem that is faulty, but was told they are not allowed to do that, I do not believe that for a second.
I still have slow speeds, with comcast not willing to do anything more, and I am unable to do my paperwork for my job, without going to my friends house to use his internet.
Comcast really don't seem to care about their customers, as long as you pay.
Expert

Re: Loose my speed as it gets hot

Hotter ambient temperatures worsen / weaken the signals because it causes the lines / hardware to have more resistance. If your connection quality is already near the edge of acceptable, that will push it over the edge of being in spec.

What do the modem's signal stats look like ?

Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?

Is this a WiFi connection ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Got home, 4.45pm, 102f outside, and my download speed is 0.75mbps.
Off to a friend's house to do my paperwork for the day, then call Comcast to cancel service, or the lack of it.
Frequent Visitor

EG
I will share that info with you, as soon as I can. But I have to drive to a friend's house, to use their internet and complete my paperwork for the day.
Thanks.
Frequent Visitor

Comcast is sending another tech on Saturday, we will see.
Screenshot_20190619-164215_Speedtest.jpg
Expert

Ok good, but my questions ? Sometimes things can be resolved without a tech visit.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I have a netgear c7000v2.
I am getting similar speeds on WiFi or Wired.
I don't have any other information.
Frequent Visitor

Is this what you need?
20190621_174336.jpg
Expert

You still haven't posted some of the requested stuff / stats....

Regular Contributor

@EG wrote:

Not everybody knows how to check for stats or even log into their modem/router.  

Silver Problem Solver

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Information-Requested-for-Connection-Related-Posts/m...

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@RobertWy  wrote.

Uh.... I provide the clickable links. It's pretty straighforward.... I say "try getting them" here". Is there a problem ? I've never had a complaint.....

Regular Contributor

@EG wrote:

@CheapestGamer wrote:

@EG wrote:

Uh.... I provide the clickable links. It's pretty straighforward.... I say "try getting them" here". Is there a problem ? I've never had a complaint.....

Again though, some folks may just rent/lease their modem or gateway from Comcast WITHOUT knowing how to log into them or navigate the various menus. Not everybody is a techie who knows how to do these sort of things.

Expert

You are not even the OP.... Troll elsewhere please.

Frequent Visitor

Tech came and told me the problem is with the pole outside my house, he would send a team out in the morning to fix the problem. Needless to say, that didn't happen. <Edited>

Official Employee

Hi there, Aoneweb! Awesome to see a fellow Arizonan on the boards! I want to help look into your account and improve your experience. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Anoneweb, 

I wanted to touch base with you to make sure the issue is resolved before I closed out your post. 

Did you have any other questions? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

5 months, 6 Technicians, and still my internet is under 2mbs download.

This may not be up long, Xfinity has a reputation of pulling negative posts, so people don't know how bad their service is. I have been begging them for help, the last Tech, gave me his card with phone number, he removed my wall plate, and said he would return with a new one, he never returned, I text him, he didn't respond. I just want my internet, just what I'm paying for, is that too much to ask?.
Comcast have the monopoly here in Tucson, but I may have to go with Broad Band, as their lover speeds are faster than what I am getting.
20190804_094749.jpg
Frequent Visitor

Re: 5 months, 6 Technicians, and still my internet is under 2mbs download.

So I plugged the modem into the cable coming into my house, and run a speed test.
20190804_101059.jpg
Frequent Visitor

Here is where my modem is now connected.
20190804_101547.jpg
Diamond Problem Solver

@Aoneweb

@ComcastMartin tried to help you a month ago but you never replied to him (or anyone else) in your original thread
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Loose-my-speed-as-it-gets-hot/m-p/3234670/thread-id/...

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I had tech #6 come round, and got it working for a little over two weeks, now it's gone again.
Frequent Visitor

I have sent him a message, like I said, I believed they were going to resolve this issue, the last time they came round my house, but the didn't.
I honestly don't know what else to do.