Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Logging in to manage my router

New Poster

Logging in to manage my router

Hi,

After I had to dissasemble my puter parts and modem to install a new desk last week, my network is all ferquonkey. I use Windows 7, BTW, and am connected to two household networks as is usual. One for Desktop 2, which has no woreless ability, and the other for the wireless needs of my laptop and DirectTV. If my desktop 1 works, my laptop doesn't work. If that works, I can't print. All the while, desktop 2 works just fine. I'm trying to log in to manage my router, but it won't accept my Xfinity account. Or at least the password. I've tried everything, including the original account name they gave me. But I have no idea what password they gave me at first. I've even tried rebooting everything. Nada.  Any ideas?

Thanks...

Accepted Solutions
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Logging in to manage my router

look at the lable on the bottom for admin password. provided you didn't change it and you are talking about a comcast modem/ router.

Ususally:

Login: admin

Password: password

All Replies
Bronze Problem Solver

look at the lable on the bottom for admin password. provided you didn't change it and you are talking about a comcast modem/ router.

Ususally:

Login: admin

Password: password

New Poster

I have the same problem. I cannot log in to the router using either the network password or the PIN  number listed on the router. I have used admin as the username. What gives?

New Poster

Problem  solved! Read the router/gateway user-guide. Accessing 10.0.0.1, the default username is "admin", the default password is "password".