Community Forum

Latest and best cable modem and router

Highlighted
New Poster

Latest and best cable modem and router

I am currently experiencing slow speeds due to my router (NETGEAR C3700). Its time for me to change my router. Can anyone suggest me the best cable modem and route combo. The download speed of my plan is 250 mbps. I am not looking to spend more than $150. The more channels the better,  but not able to come to an conclusion. 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Latest and best cable modem and router

Wifi or Ethernet?

Replacing the C3700 won't help if the cause of the slowdown is a signal problem in your connection to Comcast's network.

If you want to troubleshoot this yourself, please see Connection Troubleshooting Tips. If you still need help, please provide Information Requested for Connection-Related Posts.

Expert

Re: Latest and best cable modem and router

@bluerulzs wrote:

I am currently experiencing slow speeds due to my router (NETGEAR C3700). Its time for me to change my router. Can anyone suggest me the best cable modem and route combo. The download speed of my plan is 250 mbps. I am not looking to spend more than $150. The more channels the better,  but not able to come to an conclusion. 

You definitely need to upgrade that gateway regardless. The C3700 is an 8x4 gateway and it's going to bottleneck your internet speed if you have the 250Mbps download plan.  You should have a 16x4  or higher tier modem. 

You can see a list of compatible devices for your speed tier here:

or visit https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!