Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Latest Speed Increase

Regular Contributor

Latest Speed Increase

Does anyone know when the latest speed increase will migrate to Baltimore County? I keep rebooting my modem to see if my Performance Pro has been updated. No increase so far.

Accepted Solutions
Regular Contributor

Re: Latest Speed Increase

Just wanted to thank you again for all your effort. The problem is definitely on my end. The Realtek network card in my HP laptop is limited to 100Mbs download and my wireless card is limited to 130Mbs. If I can't upgrade them, then it will be time to shop for a new laptop. When I got the laptop, even reaching those speeds was unimagineable. Thank goodness for progress.

All Replies
Expert

You should be seeing new speeds already. What equipment do you have? What's your speed tier?

Visit https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com to determine your speed tier. After you log into your account, your speed tier will be displayed on the left-hand side of your screen. Alternatively, you can view the speed tier to which you are subscribed here. Sign in and scroll down to the data usage graph area.

"Keepin' it clean since '09"
I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator.
Regular Contributor

I have the performance pro tier at 100Mbs. My modem is an Arris SB6183 with a Netgear N750 router.

Expert

@cga632 wrote:

I have the performance pro tier at 100Mbs. My modem is an Arris SB6183 with a Netgear N750 router.

Alright, so your equipment is fine. I've asked an employee to take a look at your account. You should expect a reply in this thread 

"Keepin' it clean since '09"
I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator.
Official Employee

Hello cga632. Our Performance Pro internet in your area should be 150 Mbps. I can assist with troubleshooting your speed issue by starting with a diagnostic check of your bootfile. Please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can access your equipment.

Regular Contributor

Just wanted to thank you again for all your effort. The problem is definitely on my end. The Realtek network card in my HP laptop is limited to 100Mbs download and my wireless card is limited to 130Mbs. If I can't upgrade them, then it will be time to shop for a new laptop. When I got the laptop, even reaching those speeds was unimagineable. Thank goodness for progress.