Community Forum

Latency and Lag Issues Nearly 2 Weeks

New Poster

Latency and Lag Issues Nearly 2 Weeks

For almost 2 weeks now I ahve been having constant problems with our Xi-Fi Gigabit connections.  Had level 1 support out and they changed the modem, and some internal wires.  Tech 2 support came out and they changed nearly everything, ran tests with their systems and everything was running fine, for about an hour.  I was fairly certain it was not an issue with our house and it was on their end.  The systems are great speed, then a drop down to not access.  Constant DNS server issues in the browsers and forget about playing any online game.  (I like to play Destiny, and it constantly kicks me off with internet connection issues.

I finally ran a traceroute when the issue was happending and got the following picture.

Can anyone help?  I cannot use anything in the house for very long, and its stopping us from doing school work, pay bills, everything.tracert_920pm_EST.PNG9:20pm 2_18_2019

Thank you in advance for any help.  Callign Comcast has not gotten any real answer.

~Frank

New Poster

Re: Latency and Lag Issues Nearly 2 Weeks

And here is tracert_941pm_EST.PNGa Traceroute at 9:41pm

Expert

Can't see your pics. Since you are a new poster, they likely need to be approved by a Forum Admin. Or you may need to make a minimum number of posts.

You could try hosting them at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites and post the link to them here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Pics seem to be working now.
Expert

First. You are tracing to Google DNS servers. Trace to Comcast's DNS servers for troubleshoooting purposes. And if you are actually using the Google DNS servers, switch back to the Comcast DNS servers. Comcast is not responsible for any Google DNS deficiencies / impairments.

Second. 

Start here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Connection-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/1253575#M94474

Post the requested info from here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Information-Requested-for-Connection-Related-Posts/m...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!