Community Forum

Latency Issue and too much variation in latency.

New Poster

Latency Issue and too much variation in latency.

Let me start by saying i was having xffinity from last 2 years. 

Recently my work and involved in online gaming both requires me have very low latency pref 8-9MS. 

Reached out to customer service they asked me to replace modem to latest. When asked for new modem they said as valuable customer you are eligigble but you need to upgrade your speed from 100mbps to 250mbps Plan.  Which will cost me $25 extra every month. 

After agreeing to their terms, new modem issed MS as 12MS which was really good but my quest for 8-9MS called customer care asked them they said technical person visit is required. 

After technical person came said your line was too old he replaced to new and he also replaced new modem to another new modem, when i shown him 14MS now he is like i only know how to installed and can not help with this issue. Awsome. Then i have been charged for $75 despite their customer service executive told me it will be free of charge. Bleh. 

now called customer service again they worked hard with multiple options and decide to send another technical person. This person never arrived. 

So now I have paid $75 for visit paying $25 every month extra and i am down bad connection as 14ms does not work for me so i am paying more with degraded service. 

i know its long reading but hope it will help some one else with same issue. 

Thanks

-Samar

Official Employee

Re: Latency Issue and too much variation in latency.

Hello @samartomar, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! We truly appreciate and value you being a loyal customer. I apologize about the troubles and latency issues you have been experiencing. I would be more than happy to further assist you with this and address your billing concerns as well. Can you please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Latency Issue and too much variation in latency.

@samartomar, I never received a private message from you or heard back from you on here, so I will be locking this thread. Please be sure to send me a private message if you still need assistance with this latency & billing concern. Please create a new Public post for any new issues or concerns, we're are here to help! Thanks and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!