Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Lag spikes. PLEASE HELP.

Regular Visitor

Lag spikes. PLEASE HELP.

For the past couple of months I have been experiencing significant lag spikes in games. My charcater will stop moving and it will lag for a moment. I don’t ever get completely disconnected.

I have made two service calls so far. The first I was advised to swap out my gateway (the arris) as maybe it had an issue. Swapped it out, still have the issue.

I then purchased my own router and put the gateway into bridge mode to see if maybe there was some sort of issue between my Xbox and the WiFi on the gateway. Same issue.

Called again tonight and the tech is scheduling an appointment. I am beyond frustrated with this especially for paying 191 dollars per month. The tech says he can’t see anything wrong on his end besides the upstream signal being a little weak. When I run ping plotter I do see some significant spikes as well as packer loss.

I am thinking the issue is either with wiring or somewhere else in my vicinity. Can anyone help? I would like to get this escalated.
Expert

Re: Lag spikes. PLEASE HELP.

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?

Is this a WiFi connection ?

Regular Visitor

The model is an ARRIS tg1682g. I have it in bridge mode and supplemented by a Linksys ae6300 smart router.

My signals:
Up power 38.00dbmv
Down power 5.10-5.90dbmv
Snr 38.70

The tech said all of my numbers were good. I am definitely getting random spikes and packet loss though.
Expert

"Am definitely getting random spikes and packet loss though."

Too what / where ?

Select this answer

Regular Visitor

When I run ping plotter I am seeing the spikes, not on the first hop but down the line. Doesn’t matter if i ping Xbox.com or Google. When playing battlefield 1 while running the detailed network stats, when i have a lag I can see it on the graph. Latency shoots up, packet loss happens. It is happening on every Xbox game. Xbox port is open through router - I do not think it’s an issue at my house but outside.

I have a case number open with Comcast, but I would like to escalate the issue.
Expert

Post those outputs.