Community Forum

LOTS of T3 time-out errors before and after tech visit.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

LOTS of T3 time-out errors before and after tech visit.

Hey, I've posted here before showing my many T3 errors and previously I swapped out a splitter and it was fine for a short while, but now things are very bad again. Here's my levels and logs: https://i.imgur.com/AcZUnSU.png https://i.imgur.com/ZaGpCb4.png

I had a tech come in and change a connector and on his end he said the noise levels were looking much better and for a few hours I was fine, but then I started dropping connection left and right and getting t3 errors like crazy. And that's sort of where I am now. I've since swapped splitter again, tried different ends of it -7db (this made things REALLY bad) and -3.5db which hasn't changed anything, and I also tried a basic connector. I can't eliminate the splitter as it is what brings the cable to my house. I've tried putting the modem in a different room to no avail, same issues. What can I even do about this? The tech said everything else looked fine and I feel like I have nothing I can do about this. I've read online it could be a cable plant issue but I don't know about that, and if there was I don't know how to escalate the issue to that point. And of course I've tried the proper procedure for resetting the modem and router and it doesn't fix the problem. I've also factory reset the modem and that did next to nothing for me too. I'm at a loss here, what can I do about this? I'm posting this before bed so if I don't reply right away I will when I wake up.

Official Employee

Re: LOTS of T3 time-out errors before and after tech visit.

Hello, JennyInman. 

In this specific scenario, we may need to send out another tech if you are still experiencing the same issue. You reached the right place for help! 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: LOTS of T3 time-out errors before and after tech visit.

Hi JennyInman. 

I wanted to reach out and touch base before closing out your post. Did you have any other questions? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!