I have MOTOROLA SB6183 modem. I keep getting the following error when trying to access certain websites like costco.com or bananarepublic.com and sometime even xfinity.com:
You don't have permission to access "http://www.costco.com/" on this server.
I have been calling comcast since last couple of months. They try the same trouble shooting steps. A comcast guy even came to my home and he said this is the first time he is seeing this.
Many people have been hitting this and also found a video Youtube which shows a workaround but not a fix.
I reached out to Motorola surfboard and they said they have been getting many complaints similar to mine. Its comcast that should be fixing it. Its something to do with ipv6 websites vs ipv4 websites.
This is one of the old discussion that I found on comcast community. I even called comcast again and asking them to "delete my provisioning history and then redo it from scratch". But they do not understand this and keep on sending a reset signal which never helps.
I get the same error message on different browsers (chrome, firefox) on different OSs (mac, PC) and even on cell phones. I even went ahead and bought a new modem as the Comcast rep said issue is with my device. Even getting a new modem did not help me.
I think I am having the exact same problem.
REALLY REALLY NEED someone to help.
Attached is the snapshot showing the issue as well.
I'm getting the same error. Just upgrade to one of thier new modems & all of sudden this is happing. Is your problem corrected yet & if so how was it fixed?
I too have been experiencing this for about a month. I've spent over 5 hours, 4 Case ID #'s, probably a dozen Support "Executives", and even got cutoff the last call with no callback or resolution. We're using one of their "upgraded" Modem/Routers from about 4 months ago. So far I can identify over a dozen sites that I'm prevented from accessing. If I connect to a neighbor's XFINITY hotspot I have no issues, but their IP address is WAY out of my range (24.16.x.x). I've repeatedly asked for them to push a new IP onto my modem, but they say that is impossible.
Their Boilerplate response is, "have you changed your wifi password?", REALLY???? This is NOT a new issue for them. They're just playing dumb and all the while raising our rates.
This issue did eventually clear up, but there is no clear reason why it was happening. After 5+ hours with a dozen different support personnel, the problem mysteriously went away. Clearly I rattled the right cage. The silly part was, when I finally reached (probably) tier 1 support, the recommendation was to change the modem. I didn't, and the problem vanished about a day later.
I'm getting the same issue as well. The issue will resolve it self only if your public IPv4 address changes, but then again no guarantee. On the phone for many hours as well and no resolution here, even after changing the modem out and guaranteeing a new IP address.
Clearly the IPv4 address assigned to the modem is on some black list that certain websites subscribe to, hence the access denied message.
Frustrating as all to try and call back and pick back up on the troubleshooting when you have re-explain the issue over and over again. If anyone from comcast is actually reading these forums your support is the worst! Train your employees to recognize when they can not resolve the issue and escalate quicker, especially when they are dealing with someone on the other end that has 20+ years of networking and security industry experience.
You guys need to change your DNS server. I am going to post links below. Now you can do it via your router, which means you do it once and you don't have to do it on every device. Or you can do it on device by device how you like. It's very simple and will fix your issue.
If you need help I'm more than happy to help you. Just let me know.
The "access denied" message is a website issue. The server has been reached so DNS has done its job.
6 month old dead thread now being closed.
Please feel free to create your own new topic on this board detailing your issue