Community Forum

Jitter

Highlighted
Contributor

Jitter

Hi my connection is fine but I have a question at my house I do a Speedtest i look at the jitter says 6.5ms when I went to my aunts house same speed connection there 0.5 - 2.0 ms why is mine higher is there problems ?
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Jitter

@Henry071 wrote:
Hi my connection is fine but I have a question at my house I do a Speedtest i look at the jitter says 6.5ms when I went to my aunts house same speed connection there 0.5 - 2.0 ms why is mine higher is there problems ?

The way I understand is that Jitter should be below 30 ms. Could be due to many variables but

it looks like you have no problem with well under 30 ms.

Highlighted
Expert

Are you using WiFi at your residence ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Jitter is the varation between measured latency (lag)  rates.  A 6 ms difference is hardly noticable. 

Here's a piece of advice - if you're not seeing any issues with your internet connection, don't sweat it. As they say, "If it ain't broke... don't fix it."

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!