Community Forum

Issues with PS4 connection

New Poster

Issues with PS4 connection

I've been having a few issues with my PS4's connection through my Technicolor TC8305C XFINITY router. Certain games (most notably GTAV: Online) disconnect me at random while stating there is an issue with my connection and that I should try again later. I just popped Destiny in, and it's telling me that I have a restricted NAT type 3 while the PS4 is reporting that I have a NAT type 2.

Can anyone help?

Contributor

Re: Issues with PS4 connection

try setting a  static ip address for your ps4 in the technicolor settings. if you dont know how to do this, comcasts wireless support team can help you at 1-800-266-2278.

New Poster

I've already done that.

Contributor

Try setting up port forwarding to that new static ip and turn on upnp should resolve your connection being strict. And make sure the routers firewall is set to low.
Problem Solver

Well you guys are close but no cigar.. All the OP needs to do is if possible set a Reserved IP for the PS4 then DMZ the PS4.. If you can not reserve and IP you will need to make a Static One and pick and IP Outside the range of the Routers DHCP Start & End IP then input that ip into a DMZ and retest your PS4 you should get an open nat unless you have a 2nd Router..

Do NOT enable UPnP and Port Forward together or even DMZ for that matter.. UPnP is a good idea but hardly works like it was designed to and it is not as secure..