Community Forum

Issue with internet speeds in Northern IL

Regular Visitor

Issue with internet speeds in Northern IL

Recently Xfinity internet, in Northern Illinois,  has had a lot of reports of slowed internet speeds with no real explanation. 

People paying for 150 Mbps or faster speeds are reporting speeds being locked at 35 Mbps

I have had Xfinity techs out to the house to see if it was something on my end, but the wiring and modem and router are all good. 

The Tech said he reported this issue to his boss, but no one really knows what is going on or how long it will take to fix this issue. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Issue with internet speeds in Northern IL

I doubt that's the case. Try testing wired by ethernet direct to a computer, leaving out the router. You would have to powercycle the modem if it is a separate device.

Regular Visitor

I am directly connected with an ethernet cable. The Xfinity Tech said there was no problem with anything in my home. He had no explanation as to why I could not get 150 Mbps. 

Contributor

You are going to asked to provide some information about your configuration and modem stats. 

Start with this https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Information-Requested-for-Connection-Related-Posts/t...

Regular Visitor

Update, xfinity reports outages near my area that started yesterday. 

This probably caused the extreme slow down of everyones speeds.

As of now the ethernet connection is close to 95 Mbps. 

still not 150 Mbps, but it looks like Xfinity is working on the issues.