Community Forum

Is the Gateway XB7 MoCA Enabled?

jmillet38
Frequent Visitor

Is the Gateway XB7 MoCA Enabled?

Is the new XB7 Gateway capable of being connected to an Actiontec MoCA adapter to enable ethernet connection to TV.

EG
Expert

Re: Is the Gateway XB7 MoCA Enabled?

It says that it is MoCA 2.0 capable.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
jweaver0312
Expert

I use it myself with my XB7 and my Actiontec WCB6200Q

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
jmillet38
Frequent Visitor

I have the ECB6000S02 working flawlessly for several years with a TG1682G Gateway but getting it hooked up was a PITA. I had to contact a Comcast technician through DSLReports http://www.dslreports.com/forums/all?r=395  because the Xfinity Comcast support folks didn't even know what MoCA was.  Let's hope it goes smoother with the XB7 Gateway 

jmillet38
Frequent Visitor

Installed my new XB7 Gateway yesterday upgrading from a TG1682G using the xFi app.  The install went smooh as glass except no MoCA.  So I went into the Gateway login at 10.0.0.1 and enabled MoCA.  All is well now in XB7 MoCA world.

BroncoTrader
New Poster

I enabled the moca setting but the adapter is not connecting.  Having trouble logging in to the adapter itself as well.  Any suggestions?