Community Forum

Is it possible to downgrade my router firmware? Netgear C7000v2

New Poster

Is it possible to downgrade my router firmware? Netgear C7000v2

I have the Netgear C7000v2 and it was working well most of the last year but the last, few months it has been resetting itself to factory settings and I can only think its a firmware issue.

On the Netgear website the deployed comcast firmware version is V1.02.08 while my router is on V1.02.14

I can't keep setting up my router as new every three to four weeks.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Is it possible to downgrade my router firmware? Netgear C7000v2

@FastPanda wrote:

I have the Netgear C7000v2 and it was working well most of the last year but the last, few months it has been resetting itself to factory settings and I can only think its a firmware issue.

On the Netgear website the deployed comcast firmware version is V1.02.08 while my router is on V1.02.14

I can't keep setting up my router as new every three to four weeks.

If you are renting the C7000v2 from Comcast, they are responsible for firmware updates and we can't do them.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@RobertWy wrote: 

If you are renting the C7000v2 from Comcast, they are responsible for firmware updates and we can't do them.

I believe that that is a *retail only* device. Either way, they do the firmware updates for all combo gateway devices connected to their network whether rented or customer owned... An end user can not.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

@FastPanda wrote:

The Netgear site isn't up to date. My CM1150V is still listed there as on v1.01.07, but my current firmware is v2.02.03.

As previously stated, your Comcast gateway or modem will always have the most current, approved deployed firmware automatically. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I know they are the only ones who can update them and that's why I am asking here for an employee to downgrade mine.

Expert

Even if the rep has that capability, it would only revert to whatever the current systemwide firmware is that is queued on the CMTS / system anyway.