Community Forum

Ipv6 Test Fails

Most Valued Poster

Ipv6 Test Fails

When I perform the Ipv6 Test the bottom 2 always fail or slow. Something to be concerned about?
Find Ipv6 or Ipv4 Service provider
Expert

Re: Ipv6 Test Fails

What is the URL of the test that you are using ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

http://test-ipv6.comcast.net/

get 10/10 test results but Last 2 fail in "Timeout"

Most Valued Poster

Also seeing this issue at parents house in NE Philly and they use Comcast equipment.
Expert

@tstack wrote:

http://test-ipv6.comcast.net/

get 10/10 test results but Last 2 fail in "Timeout"

Yes, you stated that.. Are you talking about these "last 2";

Screenshot.png

or the "last 2" under the *Test Results* button ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Most Valued Poster

No, the Last 2 when you click on "Test Data"
Expert

O/k I get "failed" or "test slow" sometimes, but I never lose the IPv6 address assignment. That's all that really matters. It isn't critical.

Text from the site;

"Find IPv4 Service Provider
ok (0.590s) using ipv4 ASN 7922
Attempts to identify what Internet Service Provider you use for IPv4. This may be different from the marketing name you see in your local market; or may reflect a previous company name. The name shown reflects how it is known in the network operator community.
Find IPv6 Service Provider
ok (0.279s) using ipv6 ASN 7922
Attempts to identify what Internet Service Provider you use for IPv6. When the IPv4 name and the IPv6 name don't match, it may suggest that you're using a tunnel; or some form of third party provider for IPv6."

If you get an "Excellent" result from this site then all is well;

Most Valued Poster

Thank you, seems to only happen in the morning hours and then by early afternoon I get all "ok" in the Green.
Expert

No worries !