Community Forum

Internet stops working at the same time every morning

New Poster

Internet stops working at the same time every morning

Morning community. I have a problem that had also plagued others and that is my Xfinity internet going down the same time every morning. It used to do it every month or so and now it seems to be at it again. My deduction is it being on Xfinity's end since the problem seems to resolve itself (after hours). This is very inconvenient as the morning is the time I get most of my work done while the kids are asleep. I've looked on the app and can find nothing about maintenance reports and the are no outages. I know that maybe a year ago my modem was placed on their not supported list (Motorola SB6121) but it has been that way for years and worked. Also, if it was the modem then why would it occur the same time every morning? I don't want to go spending money on a new modem only to have this continue.
Expert

Re: Internet stops working at the same time every morning

Hi @IronPatriarch

Start here: Troubleshooting Guide 

If you haven't already, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

Video: How to view power levels and event logs.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!