Community Forum

Internet speed

Highlighted
New Poster

Internet speed

Recently signed up for 250mbit service and after reboots still see max 52mbit on a varaiety of speedtest engines incl. Xfinity speedtest. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Internet speed

@rolv wrote:

Recently signed up for 250mbit service and after reboots still see max 52mbit on a varaiety of speedtest engines incl. Xfinity speedtest. 

The speed tests show the best speed with a computer connected with an ethernet cable; wifi speeds will always be lower than your Plan.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

Re: Internet speed

@rolv wrote:

Try calling 1-800-comcast and ask a rep to completely remove the modem from your account and to "re-provision" it from scratch. Also ask them to confirm that the provisioning and account data in their database is correct and complete and that the correct configuration / bootfile for your subscribed to speed tier is being pushed to the modem.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!