Community Forum

Internet reliability is terrible

New Poster

Internet reliability is terrible

Over the past 3 months my internet connection disconnect randomly and up until nearly 2 weeks ago it was only happening about 1-2 times a week, and it was only out for about 5 minutes. But as of 2 weeks ago my internet gets disconnected nearly everyday 2-3 times a day sometimes for only 5 minutes and other times up to 20 minutes. I've contacted customer support was never offered any reimbursement on my bill, wasn't given any remedy to the issue. Except once when they asked me to exchange my modem. Which I did but instead bought a hi end modem out of pocket. Now just 5 days into using my own modem I'm without internet completely due to outages in my area. This has been the most frustrating experience with any ISP I've ever encountered. If there was any other provider in my area with similar speeds I would happily switch, but there isn't so I'm stuck with Xfinity.
Expert

Re: Internet reliability is terrible

Is this with a WiFi connection ? If so, for a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

What do the modem's signal stats look like ?  Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello Danno07150. We appreciate you visiting and posting on our Forums. I can assist with further troubleshooting your intermittent connectivity issue. Are you able to post the information 'EG' has requested? We can help further if you provide the requested information. 

If you are unable to to provide the requested information, I can poll the modem from my side. If so, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. To send me a private, message click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click "Send a message" and private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi Danno07150. Since we didn't see a response from you, this thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to send me a private message if you continue to need help with this issue, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.