Community Forum

Internet not working properly since last night

Regular Visitor

Internet not working properly since last night

Hi,

So, as of last night the wi fi hotspot "xfinitywifi" has not been working. There was a period of time after 12:30 that it was indeed working. But ever since I woke up this morning, the same issue from earlier last night has been occurring. According to my aunt, who has a router and such as well as Xfinity's cable she has been having the same issue as far as the internet and cable being down goes. Last night she called Xfinity and was told that things would be fixed at 12:30 am. This was actually the case but as I said, the internet is now down again. I believe this happened a while ago, but it's kind of unnerving to have it happen again because we're paying for internet that isn't working. I don't want to sound like one of those people, it's just a bit frustrating as well.

Is there any indication of when this will be resolved soon?

PS: I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place. I tried to enter the chat but I kept getting an error saying "wrong account number" and the site beyond the forums is basically broken right now it seems like.

Expert

Re: Internet not working properly since last night

I know the feeling; my internet service was down for several hours over a period of a few days earlier this year.

Still, outages happen periodically for all sorts of reasons, from accidental damage, inclement weather, and even routine maintenance.  (In my case, it was caused by both maintenance and expansion of the network).

The technical crews try their best, but as you probably know, oftentimes progress gets delayed. 

Easiest way would be to check progress would be to go to the Status Center, or call (800)XFINITY. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Internet not working properly since last night

Do you not have your own internet or are you relying on the hotspot?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!