Community Forum

Internet keeps dropping

Frequent Visitor

Internet keeps dropping

I have had the 400mb internet since Feb 1st of this year and the techs have really done a good job of rewiring everything from the pole to the modem. They have also replaced the modem. All this was done because even though we have really good signal when we do a speed test the internet keeps dropping for no good reason. Every time I try to get help via chat it's like talking to a person that has no idea what's been going on and I have to go back to the very beginning and start telling them what I just told the person before them. This is beyond frustrating and I feel like every time I'm chasing my tail. There has to be a way to make a complaint further up the ladder instead of the normal chat and then send out a tech who then tells me he has done everything he can and leaves and the problem remains. One tech at the very beginning of all this told me it was a maintenance issue and that he was making a ticket to have them look at it. Please if anyone has any ideas of how to move forward let me know. I do some work from home and need the internet to work and not keep costing me $$$ when it drops signal. We pay good money for the better internet speeds and you would think that the experience should match the fee. Thanks for listening to me rant...

Expert

Re: Internet keeps dropping

I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. They will be able to poll the CMTS to see whether or not everything is in the green zone, see your node / cable plant and modem health, and also see a history plot for the modem. You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Wow that is amazing. Thanks you so much for taking the time to help me!!
Expert

Quite welcome !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello MMex77. We appreciate you visiting and posting on the Xfinity Forums. I can assist with further troubleshooting your internet intermittent connectivity issues. I'd like to start with polling the CMTS for real-time and historical RF signal reports from your modem. I can also check your local Node/Plant for any degradation or error reports. Please send me a private message and include your full name so I can access your equipment. You can click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile and send me a private message. Click "Send a private message" and private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

MMex77, did you get anything helpful from this? My service is interrupted several times a day, sometimes (like yesterday), it's out for almost 24 hours. Just activated a new modem, all good...hour later, same bull as before. I simply cannot make another phone call to repeat the hour I just spent on the phone with comcast AGAIN.
Frequent Visitor

I'm happy to say that someone from corporate reached out to me and is working with me to resolve my issues. I was surprised that they obviously read these messages and care enough to actually do something about it. Definitely impressed so far.
Official Employee

Hello @NeedTheInfo74, thanks for reaching out to our Forums and I truly apologize about the delay. I'm sorry to hear that your internet keeps dropping and I would be more than happy to assist you. In order to do so, can you please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message". 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello all, I either did not receive a private message from you or hear back from you in our private message, so I will be locking this thread. Please send me a private message if you still need assistance with this internet signal concern. Please create a new Public post for any new issues or concerns,  we're here to help. Thank you and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast.