Community Forum

Internet issues

New Poster

Internet issues

Internet freezes intermittently. Not hardware issues. Had 10 techs come in the last 8 months, no resolve. Every wire in my house has been replaced. Very sporadic and becomes unsuable. Help pls

Expert

Re: Internet issues

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? 

Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?

Is this a WiFi connection ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

These are all great questions EG.

Hello XFIKH. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums and thank you for creating your first post. I can assist with further isolating, and troubleshooting your intermittent internet connectivity issue. We will need to know how you are connected to the internet when the freezing occurs. I'd like to start with polling the CMTS for real-time and historical RF signal reports from your modem. I can also check your local Node/Plant for any degradation or error reports. Please send me a private message and include your full name so I can access your equipment. To send me a private, message click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click "Send a message" and private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

OP. Please also keep the troubleshooting part (minus any personal info) here in the public forums so that any and all readers may benefit, thanks. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi XFIKH. Since we didn't see a response from you, this thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to send me a private message if you continue to need help with this issue, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.