Community Forum

Internet hasn't returned after service outage

Highlighted
New Poster

Internet hasn't returned after service outage

There was (according to Comcast) a brief service outage in my neighborhood yesterday. Service came back for others quickly, but did not come back for me. Ran through all the basic steps with custserv a couple of times, and nothing so far. 

I have a tech appointment set up, but based on reading some of these forums and seeing others with similar problems, it appears that there's a decent chance the issue has to do with the settings on my SB6141 modem (something about "reprovisioning," though tbh I have no idea what that is); that a tech visit might not be the most helpful; and that Comcast may be able to fix it on their side. Am I totally off? Hopefully not, as I'd love to get this fixed remotely/soon -- I work from home so even a few days w/o Internet is pretty rough. 

Thanks!

Contributor

Re: Internet hasn't returned after service outage

A tech can reprovision your modem during the visit and then check if it worked. 

Has your visit been done?

Expert

Re: Internet hasn't returned after service outage

@moonshake1 wrote:

There was (according to Comcast) a brief service outage in my neighborhood yesterday. Service came back for others quickly, but did not come back for me. Ran through all the basic steps with custserv a couple of times, and nothing so far. 

I have a tech appointment set up, but based on reading some of these forums and seeing others with similar problems, it appears that there's a decent chance the issue has to do with the settings on my SB6141 modem (something about "reprovisioning," though tbh I have no idea what that is); that a tech visit might not be the most helpful; and that Comcast may be able to fix it on their side. Am I totally off? Hopefully not, as I'd love to get this fixed remotely/soon -- I work from home so even a few days w/o Internet is pretty rough. 

Thanks!

Is the "Online" indicator light on your modem lit steadily ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!