New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Internet goes to under 1Mbps at night.

ANSWERED
New Poster

Internet goes to under 1Mbps at night.

Starting 6 days ago my internet has been going to under 1 Mbps at night at sometime around 7-9pm and stays that way until around 10pm- noon the next day. I have Xfinity's "Blast plan" which I am used to getting anywhere between 90 to 110. I've never had this problem in the three months that I have moved here until now. In the first three days I talked to three different support agents. The first advised me to try a new modem. I exchanged it and then that night I had the same problem again. The next one tried a 'provisional signal' along with a varietey of other diagnostics and restarts including a hard reset. The problem persists through wired and wireless connection on multiple devices. When he couldn't help me anymore, the agent advised that he would send someone to come take a look the next day. Obviously the only time available had been during the afternoon when I knew everything would be working fine. The man came, did his tests and said that everything was fine. He left me his phone number to text him if it occured again that night. Prior to that it had been three nights and mornings straight however that night everything was fine all night long. The next night it did it again and the night after that, here I am filling out this forum post to try to get a resolution. I have tried researching for several hours to figure out this problem as I work from home early in the morning and I've had to suffer through 5 late days... At this point I just have to use my phone's hotspot as it has a better signal than my modem is giving.I desperately need some help, thank you. Ask questions if you need further details and I'll provide what I can.

Accepted Solution

Re: Internet goes to under 1Mbps at night.

I finally got ahold of someone actually from a more technical support than the standard service agent and once i was transferred, he took 10 minutes 'adjusting settings' and after that night, I no longer had the issue.

View answer in context
New Poster

I would like to add that my upload speed does stay above 10Mbps if that's relevant.

Highlighted
New Poster

I finally got ahold of someone actually from a more technical support than the standard service agent and once i was transferred, he took 10 minutes 'adjusting settings' and after that night, I no longer had the issue.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation