Community Forum

Internet goes out every single day, mostly in the morning.

New Poster

Internet goes out every single day, mostly in the morning.

For the past year or probably more my modem's connection has gone out almost every day. some weeks worse than others, recently it went out for 4 hours. Recently it's been going out during the early portion of the day. It happens usually whenever I start doing something important, how convenient. I don't know an incredible lot about this stuff but here is every screen from my http://192.168.100.1

I have a Motorola SurfBoard SB6141 for reference. 2019-03-21_13-26-28.png2019-03-21_13-26-40.png2019-03-21_13-27-03.png2019-03-21_13-27-13.png2019-03-21_13-27-23.png2019-03-21_13-27-31.png2019-03-21_13-28-15.png

Is there anything at all on my end I can do? 

Expert

Re: Internet goes out every single day, mostly in the morning.

Can't see your pics. Since you are a new poster, they likely need to be approved by a Forum Admin. Or you may need to make a minimum number of posts.

You could try hosting them at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites and post the link to them here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Oh my bad, I'll do that real quick.

New Poster

https://imgur.com/a/9fSVILU here you go, sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for reading.

Expert

The upstream power is on the high side and it may be intermittently fluctuating even higher to out of spec levels. That can cause random disconnects, spontaneous re-booting of the modem, and speed and latency problems.

In a self troubleshooting effort to try to obtain better connectivity / more wiggle room, check to see if there are there any excess/unneeded coax cable splitters in the line leading to the modem that can be eliminated/re-configured. Any splitters that remain should be high quality and cable rated for 5-1002 MHz, bi-directional, and no gold colored garbage types like GE, RadioShack, RCA, Philips, Leviton, Magnavox, and Rocketfish from big box stores like Home Depot, Lowes, Target, Wal-Mart etc. Splitters should be swapped with known to be good / new ones to test

If there aren't any unneeded splitters that can be eliminated and if your coax wiring setup can't be reconfigured so that there is a single two way splitter connected directly off of the drop from the street/pole with one port feeding the modem and the other port feeding the rest of the house/equipment with additional splits as needed, and you've checked all the wiring and fittings for integrity and tightness and refresh them by taking them apart then check for and clean off any corrosion / oxidation on the center wire and put them back together again, then perhaps it's best to book a tech visit to investigate and correct.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

where would I typically find these connections outside? I'm not too educated about this stuff outside of my modem/router setup.

Expert

O/k. If this type of troubleshooting is beyond your skill set, then it would be best to get a tech out as stated to investigate and correct. Good luck with it ! Smiley Happy

New Poster

Well I found my splitter outside. Seems kinda gross looking. I replaced it with another one I have and cleaned the cables outside. I'm going to see how that works for the next few days.

Highlighted
Expert

So what do the signal stat numbers look like now ?

New Poster

Expert

Looks much better now !! Lot's more wiggle room !

New Poster

Well that's a relief! I hope this fixed my problem. Thanks so much.

Expert

Unless something radically intermittent is going on, you should be good to go ! Please post back after some time with how it goes.

New Poster

Will do! Thanks for the help.