Community Forum

Internet failing

New Poster

Internet failing

So a tech came in this morning to resolve the issues I stated right, He installed the XB6 and changed the filter on the coaxial cable. He than checked the signals to see if the signals were good and they were and than we ran a Speedtest hardwired to the modem from my MacBook Pro and only got 70down 4up. He didn’t know what was going on so he called his supervisor got his supervisor to check my network and said everything is good, signals r good blahblahblah so than the technician suggested that the problem might be on Xfinitys side. On Xfinitys infrastructure,But 2 weeks before today I purchased the gig plan and never got a tech installation because I never needed one. I already had a 3.1 docsis modem so it would have been unnecessary to get one but at that time the speeds were there i was getting the speeds but than 2 days ago everything went bad. I started getting packet loss, ping spikes and dropped internet speeds. Today I’ve chatted and speaking with a dozen of Comcast agents who all have tried to send a reset signal, provision the modem, factory reset the modem everything. nothing works
Expert

Re: Internet failing

Since your problem was not fixed, I am going to escalate your issue to a Comcast Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello Gxlactus1, thanks for reaching out and I would be more than happy to further assist you with speed concern! Can you please send me a Private Message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different?

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@Gxlactus1, I have not heard back from you in a while therefore, I will be locking this thread. If you still need assistance with this concern, please send me a Private Message. You can also create a new thread for any new issues or concerns you may have. Thank you! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.