Community Forum

Internet drops daily(restarts)

Regular Visitor

Internet drops daily(restarts)

So I keep having an issue where the cable modem keeps restarting.  Or I lose signal from comcast? It has happened twice in the last 3 hrs already today.  It's getting super annoying.  I stream all my tv  minus the local channels I buy from comcast.

There is a new cable from the pole to the house and all the other cable and connections inside the house are tight. I have a NETGEAR CM400 cable modem that I purchased from best buy so I didn't have to rent a modem.  I then have a netgear nighthawk router.  Can anyone recommend anything?  

Expert

Re: Internet drops daily(restarts)

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here; http://192.168.100.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Hope this helps....Thanks for the reply. Sorry it took so long to get back.  It's just highly frustrating when watching a movie etc.  I just think comcast is out to get me because I don't use to many of their services. HAHA

imageedit_5_5880828272.jpg

Expert

Can't see your pic. Since you are a new poster, it likely needs to be approved by a Forum Admin.

You could try hosting it at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites and post the link to it here.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

SNR rages from 37.9 to 38.6 dB

Downstream there are 8 channels - they range from -2.2 to 3.5dBmV

Upstream there are 4 channels - they range from  40.3 to 41.3 dBmV 

If you need each channel listed let me know. I will type them out.  Thanks...The pic is there I can see it...but like u said it may need to be approved.  Thanks for the help!!! Appreciate it!

Chris

Expert

The signal stats looked o/k at that snapshot in time. Please also post the modem's error / event log entries.

Regular Visitor

Not sure if this means these are the only times the internet dropped? Because it drops daily and just on saturday it dropped 3 times. All the lights go out on my netgear cm400 cable modem and then come back on.  They wouldn't be updating it all the time would they?  Thanks again...

Chris

Time Priority Description
Time Not Established Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out
Apr 24 17:58:43 2019 Warning (5) MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1
Apr 25 06:04:14 2019 Warning (5) MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1
Apr 26 00:32:07 2019 Warning (5) MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1
Apr 26 07:38:15 2019 Warning (5) MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1
Apr 26 17:47:55 2019 Warning (5) MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1
Apr 27 00:03:36 2019 Warning (5) MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1
Apr 27 02:53:02 2019 Warning (5) MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1
Apr 27 05:53:04 2019 Warning (5) MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1
Apr 27 16:10:39 2019 Warning (5) MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1
Apr 27 16:27:09 2019 Warning (5) MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1
Apr 28 00:15:57 2019 Warning (5) MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1
Apr 28 08:00:11 2019 Warning (5) MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1
Apr 28 08:57:32 2019 Warning (5) MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1
Apr 28 10:19:45 2019 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out
Apr 29 06:51:08 2019 Warning (5) MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1
Apr 29 15:22:10 2019 Warning (5) MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1
Apr 30 07:42:00 2019 Warning (5) MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1
May 2 08:34:18 2019 Warning (5) MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1
May 3 17:06:54 2019 Warning (5) MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1
May 5 04:35:20 2019 Warning (5) MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1
May 5 06:52:13 2019 Warning (5) MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1
Official Employee

Hello, cplank. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear you have been having issues with your internet service dropping out. I can certainly take a look at a few things on our side to see what could be happening. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, cplank. I have not heard back from you and hope the issue has been resolved. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.