Community Forum

Internet does not work, <Edited>

New Poster

Internet does not work, <Edited>

On July 17, 2018 I called to cancel my service as it had not worked in almost 6 weeks. I am a small business and use online payment collections through a website, the internet had been so slow I couldn't even connect to the payment site to collect payments or even do a simple google search. I had been driving 20 minutes to go to my home so I could call people back to accept payment over the phone and to work in between customers since I was unable to work at the office due to no internet. I was told that the speed/connection was slow so they offered to upgrade my internet. What I did NOT know was that in very small print I was signing a 2-year contract. On July 19, 2018 I called to cancel my service as it was still pathetic, again I could not collect payments and therefore my office was not making money. On the 19th I was informed it would be over $2000 to cancel. I'm a small business and since I can't even collect payments from my own customers or do billing due to my internet not working, I don't have that kind of money. I was then told I would need a service visit to ensure everything was working properly. At no time did anyone mention a $99.95 service visit fee. So here I am today, stealing my neighbor's WIFI and stuck paying for internet and a service fee that does still not work. Any advice on how to get ahold of a person that can actually get the internet to function without charging me (since I am already paying comcast) or cancel my service without bankrupting me would be greatly appreciated.

Expert

Re: Internet does not work, constantly lied to by Comcast.

You'll want to post in the Business Class forums: http://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/ We can't help you here. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!