Community Forum

Internet cuts off at least once an hour or more

Regular Visitor

Internet cuts off at least once an hour or more

My internet cuts off at least once an hour, sometimes more. The problem started Wednesday the 13th though not with the same frequency that it has been today November 19th or yesterday evening the 18th or Saturday November 16th.

I chatted with THREE Comcast agents who kept performing the same test and not fixing the problem. 

What is the issue considering that this problem did not exist a week ago? 

Comcast must use the cheapest equipment so that customers have to pay for them to fix the problems that they caused.

Expert

Re: Internet cuts off at least once an hour or more

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?

Is this a WiFi connection ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I don't know how to get the information you're asking for.

And it's not just at my house that Comcast has issues. My employer had a seminar at lunchtime in the public library and we were disconnected mulitples times from the online training vidoe we were watching.

Comcast has developed a problem with it's internet service for the last week. It is ridiculous!!

Expert

You click on those blue-colored links that I provided in my post, and whichever one works to give you access to the user-interface pages of the modem, you look around for the numbers that I requested and then copy them or screenshot them and then paste them into your next post here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!