Community Forum

Internet connection problems

New Poster

Internet connection problems

Removed by me for violating forum guidelines

First of all,

Comcast customer support system is very bad.

The modem reset automated response system is so dumb and not useful at all.

It did 10 times reset today. My problem not solved either.

People call customer care technocal support only if they have problems. Its a bad idea to put automated system for technical support. May be ok for other services. <Edited>

Going into the details:

I have netgear c7000v2 modemrouter.

It get rebooted every 15 mins from afternoon ( around 2:00 PM) to late night till 11:00PMm.

other times it works properly. Comcast guys says it is equipment problem.

I fighted with Netgear customer support and got a new one for replacement.

Eventhen the same issue is repeating.  

Then I called comcast. they still says it is hardware issue. They dont specify what is the issue. If it is hardware issue how does it work at other times?

Now I don't know what to do.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Internet connection problems

If you want to troubleshoot this yourself, please see Connection Troubleshooting Tips. If you still need help, please provide Information Requested for Connection-Related Posts. Loss of Internet service is often due to a poor connection between your equipment and Comcast's network, usually in or near your home.

Official Employee

Hello, dirtysupport! Thank you for reaching out to us. I can check the RF signal levels in your house and make sure they are all in a range. Please send me a private message and include your first and last name. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

@dirtysupport.

Please post the requested information by @BruceW here publically as well so that all readers here may benefit, thank you.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!