Community Forum

Internet connection intermittent

Frequent Visitor

Internet connection intermittent

So we had our service installed two weeks ago - and after a rough initial weekend it seemed a 2nd service visit got us up and running. Until this week, when it's been dropping off and on. Is this just how Xfinity is? Inconsistent?

We're also waiting for our new underground line to be placed - which we were told would be '7 to 14 days' and NOTHING has happened in that regard. No update, no progress, zip...

So far very disappointed in Xfinity...

Expert

Re: Internet connection intermittent

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?

Is this a WiFi connection ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

No upstream data available (no connection)... Downstream is 3.0 dbmv... SNR is 42. CGM4140COM model (xfi gateway). Got someone coming tomorrow, but if there's anything to do for now, I'll try it...
Frequent Visitor

Up and running... upstream at 59... downstream 1.5 to 2...SNR around 42...
Expert

The upstream power is out of spec. See what the tech has to say. Good luck ! Post back with how things turn out

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello @tim_75, thanks for reaching out to our Forums and we appreciate you becoming a Comcast customer. I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you have been experiencing since onboarding with us. I would be more than happy to follow up after your tech visit and be of any other assistance needed. Please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

So they ended up doing some work up the street - I think hardly anyone in our area has Xfinity, so they had to tweak some things. All got cleared up and numbers are way more in range - and all is working great!

Now if I could just get them to underground our line!

Expert

For curiosity, what do the numbers look like now ?

Official Employee

Thanks for letting us know @tim_75. I'd be happy to reach out to your local techs to help get your line buried. Just shoot me a private message with your first and last name and I'll take it from there. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Downstream power level - 2.7 to 3.1 range

SNR - 40ish

Upstream power level - 40.3 to 42.8 range

Been holding up for 5 days now!

Expert

Looks good ! Thanks for posting back !

Official Employee

Hi @tim_75

Thanks for following up and letting me know this has been resolved. If there's anything more we can assist you with in the future, feel free to contact us. Thanks for being the BEST part of Comcast, take care!