Community Forum

Internet completely down

Highlighted
New Poster

Internet completely down

I've only had my new modem not even 3 weeks. As of 2 weeks ago. I've had none stop issues where my internet just completely stops and cant connect. I've seen alot of forum where people are having the same issues. Fix your problem.
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Internet completely down

If you’ve seen a lot of posts, then you’ve seen the same replies. Post your signal levels of your modem and more details, if you want help. It may not be their problem to fix

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

It is their problem to fix, CCAndrews. It's rampant problem specifically in the South Denver metro area. The data flow is great then completely stops. 175+mbps down to zero to back up. I've been speed testing and screen grabbing results for weeks. Tried to add those images, not sure they are uploading, but they show on 3/27/20 @ 5:11:00, 5:11:26, 5:11:51 a fluctuation from 116mbps to no connection to 125mbps. This happens all day long, regardless of time (load on network). Xfinity repeated says 'restart modem" / "looks good" / they've even sent multiple technicians to fix (before pandemic). It's only gotten worse with the increased load. I've also got screen grabs showing their network status as "down" but the internet services as "all good." And then, after finally talking to a CSR I ran into attitude (kind of like your responce to this first post). He told me everything was fine then outage began showing for 4 days starting that afternoon. I agreee. Fix it! (pardon typos)

Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 5.11.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 5.11.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 5.11.00 PM.png

   

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

That’s why I stated without the proper information/details, it “may” not be their problem to fix. Same as your post, without proper details, it’s hard to point fingers in any direction. Start your own thread with those details, post through a third party picture hosting site as admins need to approve pictures (why your pictures don’t show). There’s plenty of Experts who want to help you or Official Employees who can escalate things locally, but can’t without providing necessary information.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I've been a Comcast/Xfinity customer in four states, I even worked for them (not in the internet biz) and I've never experienced this level of problems. I've been working on this issue, politely, for over eight months - it's so bad, it's in the news here - and these experts here just can't seem to solve the problem. Xfinity has even removed it's CEO garranty letter (used to be posted on Help page). I can't even seem to find a direct link to "contact us" anymore - all auto responses. Fingers crossed they fix it - the community is in need of connection reliability during these hard time of work-from-home and home schooling.