Community Forum

Internet VERY slow in evening, 7pm-12am

New Poster

Internet VERY slow in evening, 7pm-12am

My regular speeds are 80-100 MBps download and 14-15 MBps upload.

During the evening starting around 6-7pm and ending around 11-12am, when I actually use the net, my speeds drop drastically to 0.5-2.5 MBps download and 11.9 MBps upload. This is way off what Xfinity says my speeds shoudl be.

Also my latency will randomly spike from 14-30 to 120-300, which makes it so I can't play the online games I would like.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

What can I do?

Help!!

eveningspeed.jpg
Contributor

Re: Internet VERY slow in evening, 7pm-12am

What type of modem do you have?

Go to this link and post your signals during the times where you are problems with your speed.
http://192.168.100.1/

Signals should be around 38 to 41dB. If it is any lower than that something is causing the problem.

Expert

@tomlee4now,

Anytime you see upsidedown speeds (upload faster than download) it's an indication of a router issue. The first thing you should do is powercycle your equipment. See the troubleshooting guide.

If that does not resolve the issue:

If you have a separate router and modem, bypass the router and directly connect to the modem via ethernet. Powerecycle your modem every time you connect a new device to it. If your speeds are fine at the modem, reset your router. 

If you have a gateway (router/modem combo) reset the device back to factory settings. 

If you still need help, post your equipment details and signal levels (screenshots if possible) please. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Contributor

Those are my own downstream singals at all times.