Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Internet Speed Upgrade?

New Poster

Internet Speed Upgrade?

I got an email a couple of weeks ago telling me that Xfinity increased my speeds from 10 to 25 mbps for free. I thought that was super! But I'm only running a download speeds ranging between 8 and 13 mbps, and upload speeds of between 2 and 3 mbps. But my main concern was if I can use the Xfinity hot spots now. The website says anyone who has a plan giving you 25 mbps should have access. Will I get access to this now, or because my plan is still called "Performance Starter" and hasn't updated in the account that I have 25 mbps will they not give it to me?

Thanks,

Hannah

Official Employee

Re: Internet Speed Upgrade?

Hi hharder. I can assist with troubleshooting your speed issue. Have you reset your modem to allow the new bootfile to install/? 

Also, regarding XFINITY Hotspots, you are correct in your assumption that you must subscribe to Performance Internet tier or higher to have access to the hotspots. I can help review your account for offers for our Performance internet if you would like to go over it. If so, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.